Chris Alexander Encourages French-speaking Individuals to Immigrate to Quebec Regions

Filed under: Headlines,Immigration News |

Chris Alexander Encourages French-speaking Individuals to Immigrate to Quebec Regions

Monday, 29 September 2014

During discussions between various interested parties, the federal Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, Chris Alexander, has voiced his support for attracting individuals from French-speaking regions to immigrate to Canada. Members who participated in these series of discussions consist of community leaders, immigration advocacy groups, and stakeholders in Winnipeg.

Immigration Minister Chris Alexander emphasized on increasing the French-speaking population through immigration for many communities and areas outside the predominantly French-speaking province of Quebec. In order to achieve this goal, The Government of Canada has announced the initiation of Francophone Significant Benefit Program for employers which will improve the process of hiring French-speaking workers.

“Our government is proud to promote Francophone immigration to Canada, which will help to ensure our communities remain vibrant and prosperous. We will continue to work with our partners to attract Francophone immigrants with the skills our labour market and economy needs,” said Mr. Alexander.

Mr. Alexander had various conversations about the francophone immigration issue with the local Francophone Immigration Network and other stakeholders during his stay in Winnipeg. The Minister also appeared at the Accueil Francophone to talk with young Manitobans who were members in a program of the Conseil de developpement economique des municipalites bilingues du Manitoba. Both of the organizations have provided significant contributions to help francophone immigration settle and find available jobs.

If you are interested in Immigration to Canada, contact Migration Expert for information and advice on which visa is best suited to you. You can also try our Visa Assessment to see if you are eligible to apply for a visa to Canada.

Hanna Eliasson | Migration Expert Canada

You must be logged in to post a comment Login